<$BlogMetaData$>
 
About Me

more about me
Email me at DustbunniesCanWait at gmail dot com

Progress to my goal weight

Rings and Other Links

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

GoodSearch cause banner
Mommies Network and GoodSearch make a great team!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

RichmondKnitting group

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Blog Flux Directory

Home Equity
Home Equity Counter

Listed on BlogShares

My Swaps
I swap with Swap-bot!

WIPs
Nothing!
On Hold
Marshmallow Miss November 1997 Summer Berry Shell
FO's (YEAH!!!)
Kitty ball toy 1/2/07
Purple & fur #519 1/6/07
Kitty mouse 1/8/07
Time for Go-Go 1/17/07
Anklet Socks 1/17/07
blue & green # 583 1/17/07
Kitty toy #3 1/17/07
Victorian dress 1/17/07
Blue Halter dress 1/17/07
Knit Mini Dress & Jacket 1/19/07
Summer dress 1/19/07
Black #468 1/19/07
Awards
Image hosting by Photobucket
Credits
Pecentage Bars: Unlikey Words
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered by Blogger
 

Sunday, September 11, 2005
My poor baby :-(
 

Princess is sick. Just ask her, she'll tell you all the gory details of how she's dying a slow death. There are no visible signs of illness, just a general lethargy and desire to watch cartoons all day. Now I may be wrong, but somehow I doubt very much that the same child that wants to make chocolate chip cookies can be that ill.

The Kittens on the other hand are feeling just fine. I woke up this morning with one on each foot. No not nicely laying there ... wrapped completely around the foot with their mouth over my big toe. The looked like little furry boa constrictors. Unfortunately, I didn't sleep with my camera so I wasn't able to get a pic :-( I bet they could have won the Kitten Wars. I did submit the earlier pic from here, but they are not living up to my expectations. Right now, the fringe on my blanket is being very very bad ...

Must be beaten down into submission!

OK, OK, I'll give y'all some knitting content. I've almost finished Princess's Barbie fairy costume. I made it a lot different from Bossy's. The directions had you cast on at the waist, then double your stitches until the ruffle. After doing the 1st ruffle, you were to pick up stitches for the second ruffle and then again for the bodice. These lousy directions changed a simple F1 piece to at least an F4 if not an F5+. (See F-Factor Ratings System). For Princess's I worked the 2 ruffles, but did not bind them off. I then used a 3-needle method to knit them together. Then I worked the rest of the skirt and the bodice as per the pattern by reversing the row order on the skirt (and changing increases to decreases) and eliminating the picked up stitches. I also added a intarsia butterfly to the bodice. For wings, I'm thinking of keeping the butterfly theme going and making these instead. I just need to figure out a new method for stiffening them. Bossy's came out rather floppy.



Posted by DustBunniesCanWait at 8:27 AM
2 friends have spoken

2 Comments:

I bet Prin wants popsicles with her cartoons! That is what BoyWonder calls sickness nirvana....popsicles and Teen Titans.

By Blogger Suzanne, at 12:07 PM  

Yep :-) Kids are the same all over huh?

By Blogger DustBunniesCanWait, at 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment



 
      Webset © Blogfrocks