<$BlogMetaData$>
 
About Me

more about me
Email me at DustbunniesCanWait at gmail dot com

Progress to my goal weight

Rings and Other Links

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

GoodSearch cause banner
Mommies Network and GoodSearch make a great team!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

RichmondKnitting group

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Blog Flux Directory

Home Equity
Home Equity Counter

Listed on BlogShares

My Swaps
I swap with Swap-bot!

WIPs
Nothing!
On Hold
Marshmallow Miss November 1997 Summer Berry Shell
FO's (YEAH!!!)
Kitty ball toy 1/2/07
Purple & fur #519 1/6/07
Kitty mouse 1/8/07
Time for Go-Go 1/17/07
Anklet Socks 1/17/07
blue & green # 583 1/17/07
Kitty toy #3 1/17/07
Victorian dress 1/17/07
Blue Halter dress 1/17/07
Knit Mini Dress & Jacket 1/19/07
Summer dress 1/19/07
Black #468 1/19/07
Awards
Image hosting by Photobucket
Credits
Pecentage Bars: Unlikey Words
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered by Blogger
 

Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Citius, Alitius Fortius!
 

Thank you Suzanne for telling me about this fun event. Stephanie (AKA the yarn harlot) is setting up a Knitting Olympics and I've decided to join in on the fun. I just need some help deciding on what project to make.

Choice number 1 is the Catch-a-wave wrap from th 7/05 issue of creative knitting. It's a simple not so little wrap that has a zigzag pattern to it. Pros: Should definitely be able to finish this in 16 days and I can use yarn from my stash for the colorful ridges. Cons: Simple (possibly tedious and boring) stitch and not a huge challenge to complete in time.


Choice #2 is Marshmallow from the 6/05 issue of Knitting. This sweater was the whole reason I bought this issue. Pros: will be a challenge to complete; I already have the yarn I want to use; and it will be done just in time for our spring weather. Cons: It's and experienced design so I don't know if I'll be able to knit on it at SNB.


Choice #3 the world map sweater from Spring/summer of 1991. I've coveted this sweater since '91 but have 1 excuse after another for not making it. Pros: I want to make it and it fits the Olympic spirit. Cons: I have no freaking clue if I even have a hope of finishing it within the 16 day time frame.


And finally choice #4 is the Nasty Dog Dragon Scarf from scarf style. I've loved this scarf since Monica first shared her wonderful book. Pros: I need a scarf that is just mine and I can use some of the leftover Dr. Who yarn for the color work. Cons: I'm not sure how much I would actually wear it.


So those are my choices. What are your thoughts? Do I go for the huge challenge of the World sweater or do I go for something easier? Should I make something I will probably wear a lot (like Marshmallow) or go for something I've been wanting to make for a while? Decisions, decisions.


Posted by DustBunniesCanWait at 5:11 PM
3 friends have spoken

3 Comments:

I am ALL IN for the marshmallow! It gets the gold because:

1. You really like it.
2. It would be very flattering.
3. You already have yarn.

After that...
a tie for Silver.

The dragon scarf--after Dr. Who, you have GOT to be scarf-sick. Its good though.

Wave shawl--pretty good. See also scarf issue above.

The world map (for me) does not place. Not so flattering. And BIG! and complicated!

I will not be offended in any way if you choose to ignore my opinions--I regularly send my own opinions to the trash.

Enjoy!

By Blogger Suzanne, at 8:48 PM  

Hi! I vote for the marshmallow as well. It would be a great piece for the spring :) Very pretty. My second pick would be the Catch a Wave wrap because you can use that into the spring as well. The other too seem heavy for a late winter project--- especially given the freakishly warm weather we've had lately in VA.

By Blogger Unknown, at 6:29 AM  

I vote for the Nasty Dog Dragon Scarf from scarf style. Let me know what you decide and we can have a Nasty Dragon knit along!

-Monica

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment



 
      Webset © Blogfrocks