<$BlogMetaData$>
 
About Me

more about me
Email me at DustbunniesCanWait at gmail dot com

Progress to my goal weight

Rings and Other Links

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

GoodSearch cause banner
Mommies Network and GoodSearch make a great team!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

RichmondKnitting group

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Blog Flux Directory

Home Equity
Home Equity Counter

Listed on BlogShares

My Swaps
I swap with Swap-bot!

WIPs
Nothing!
On Hold
Marshmallow Miss November 1997 Summer Berry Shell
FO's (YEAH!!!)
Kitty ball toy 1/2/07
Purple & fur #519 1/6/07
Kitty mouse 1/8/07
Time for Go-Go 1/17/07
Anklet Socks 1/17/07
blue & green # 583 1/17/07
Kitty toy #3 1/17/07
Victorian dress 1/17/07
Blue Halter dress 1/17/07
Knit Mini Dress & Jacket 1/19/07
Summer dress 1/19/07
Black #468 1/19/07
Awards
Image hosting by Photobucket
Credits
Pecentage Bars: Unlikey Words
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered by Blogger
 

Sunday, February 12, 2006
6 inches and counting
 
I've only made a little progress on my entry in the Knitting Olympics. I cast on my 151 stitches right at 2:00 PM. Image hosting by Photobucket

Got through the 4 border rows and tried to start the lace & cable pattern. Unfortunately I need to learn how to count (yes me, the math wiz) Instead of 151, I cast on 163 Image hosting by Photobucket so I frogged it and tried again. I swore I cast on 151 this time, even counted it 3 times! Nope, I cast on only 147 Image hosting by Photobucket Dang! Frogged it and tried again. This time instead of counting the actual stitches, I put stitch markers between each pattern repeat. Success!!!! Image hosting by Photobucket

Here's a pic of my progress so far (all 6 inches of it)

Ain't she pretty? I love the traveling vine lace pattern and the cable between really sets it off. (BTW please ignore the stains on the footstool, I got little monsters kids remember?)

Speaking of kids, they had a blast this morning playing in the snow! Yep, we finally got our first snowfall of the year. Most everyone here in dustbunny haven said "It's about time!" but I say "YUCK!!!!" Snowstorm
Besides tricking their mommy into coming outside only to get pelted with 3 snowballs Snowball Fight, the kids built these snowmen.


Before you ask, I have no idea why Princess's has three horns. She couldn't explain that herself.

Posted by DustBunniesCanWait at 12:39 PM
4 friends have spoken

4 Comments:

LOL - the horns are too funny! And I really like the pattern - sorry about the repeated frogging :-(

By Blogger Melanie, at 8:03 PM  

Horns! She must have had a dream about me--I've been the nightmare mommy with three horns and tentacles of death! ARRGGGHH!!!

By Blogger Suzanne, at 8:20 AM  

wow! great progress on your olympic project! (and the horns made me crack up too! lol)

By Blogger Katie, at 9:13 PM  

It looks beautiful so far! Beautifully soft yarn, beautiful color, beautiful knitting, beautiful pattern! Can't wait to see it progress!

By Blogger Mary, at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment



 
      Webset © Blogfrocks