<$BlogMetaData$>
 
About Me

more about me
Email me at DustbunniesCanWait at gmail dot com

Progress to my goal weight

Rings and Other Links

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

GoodSearch cause banner
Mommies Network and GoodSearch make a great team!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

RichmondKnitting group

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Blog Flux Directory

Home Equity
Home Equity Counter

Listed on BlogShares

My Swaps
I swap with Swap-bot!

WIPs
Nothing!
On Hold
Marshmallow Miss November 1997 Summer Berry Shell
FO's (YEAH!!!)
Kitty ball toy 1/2/07
Purple & fur #519 1/6/07
Kitty mouse 1/8/07
Time for Go-Go 1/17/07
Anklet Socks 1/17/07
blue & green # 583 1/17/07
Kitty toy #3 1/17/07
Victorian dress 1/17/07
Blue Halter dress 1/17/07
Knit Mini Dress & Jacket 1/19/07
Summer dress 1/19/07
Black #468 1/19/07
Awards
Image hosting by Photobucket
Credits
Pecentage Bars: Unlikey Words
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered by Blogger
 

Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Wow! What a month!
 
Has it really been 20 days since I last posted on here? I certainly doesn't seem like it at all!

As some of you already know, I went out to MO to see my DH's grandmother. We found out we "had" to go in the middle of March when my MIL told us that she didn't think grandma would make it to summer. So we rushed around and spent waaayyy more money then we had to for this quickie trip. Come to find out, grandma has a good 20 years left on herAll that running around, worry, and money wasted! Worst part is that we were only able to spend 3 days with her over spring break but if we waited till summer (when we originally planned to go) we would have had an entire week. Thanks mom!

I did get the girls dresses done in time, but forgot to take pictures. Here are a couple with Princess's dress almost done. The ribbon around her neck became a belt. Doesn't she look soooo happy in the first pic?



We so lots of things along the way, but the girls favorite was this:

Taken in KY at one of the rest stops. Such a sweet family to let the girls take a picture!

While in MO we took a run over to Merrimac Caverns The girls had fun, well one of them did. Bossy wasn't too sure about how dark it was. The tour guide didn't turn on any lights until absolutely, positively necessary. I don't think she was all that scared though, there were a couple of times we were given the option to go back and she didn't take them up on it!

Anyway, the big claim for Merrimac is that it used to be a hideout for Jessie James. Cool huh? Have I told y'all yet that my great-grandmother met him once and swapped a horse for him? She wrote about it in her journal, positively gushing over this handsome and charming man
Here's some pics. No, the log cabin is not the hideout, it is just some old moon shiner's hut that washed down the river. You know, the people of MO are a little strange. They preserve a moon shiners hut inside a cavern and are proud that they have the only Foucault Pendulum that doesn't work.


Posted by DustBunniesCanWait at 8:53 AM
4 friends have spoken

4 Comments:

The dresses look great, I'm still learning how to sew yet I haven't attempted dresses yet. Gimme time. I love the second pose of Princesses dress.

By Blogger MandyJ, at 9:53 AM  

The dresses are amazing! true princess power there.

About the grandma...your mom owes you BIG TIME! book her now to come down and babysit the girls while you go to MDS&W!!

By Blogger Suzanne, at 11:02 AM  

Ahh I can see it now (her b-day is 5/6)

"Happy Birthday. Your present is you get to spend the entire day with the girls! Oh and by the way, DH is working and I'm going to MDS&W! Have fun!" Think it will work?

By Blogger DustBunniesCanWait, at 9:42 PM  

Hey Eileen, are you going to MS&W? Holler if you need a ride or a place to stay -- I have a suite at Homewood Suites in Columbia and my time is fairly flexible - not sure yet when I'm driving up or coming back.

Also -- do you know who is the owner of the SnB Yahoo Group? Suddenly I'm "banned" and I'm hoping that's a mistake.

By Blogger Mary, at 2:23 PM  

Post a Comment



 
      Webset © Blogfrocks