<$BlogMetaData$>
 
About Me

more about me
Email me at DustbunniesCanWait at gmail dot com

Progress to my goal weight

Rings and Other Links

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

GoodSearch cause banner
Mommies Network and GoodSearch make a great team!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

RichmondKnitting group

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Blog Flux Directory

Home Equity
Home Equity Counter

Listed on BlogShares

My Swaps
I swap with Swap-bot!

WIPs
Nothing!
On Hold
Marshmallow Miss November 1997 Summer Berry Shell
FO's (YEAH!!!)
Kitty ball toy 1/2/07
Purple & fur #519 1/6/07
Kitty mouse 1/8/07
Time for Go-Go 1/17/07
Anklet Socks 1/17/07
blue & green # 583 1/17/07
Kitty toy #3 1/17/07
Victorian dress 1/17/07
Blue Halter dress 1/17/07
Knit Mini Dress & Jacket 1/19/07
Summer dress 1/19/07
Black #468 1/19/07
Awards
Image hosting by Photobucket
Credits
Pecentage Bars: Unlikey Words
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered by Blogger
 

Thursday, May 18, 2006
My babies growing up fast
 
Yesterday was my baby's birthday. Bossy is officially a five year old now! I don't know if I should be exited or sad My baby is no longer a baby anymore! There are just so many little things that she doesn't need me for anymore - not that I'm complaining mind you (I really don't miss the diaper bit!) but ... It's just sad

For her birthday we are going to be redoing her bedroom. It used to be DH's den so its not very girly if you know what I mean. We went out to Lowe's where she picked out a very pretty border. It was not at all what I expected (either Bratz or Barbie or Dora) so I was thrilled! This should be able to last her all the way through High School! Yeah! Now I just have to convince her that we don't need to paint the room pink.

We came home later and decorated the cake. I frosted it and the girls decorated it.



They obviously missed the memo that said "less is more!"



Yep, they pretty much emptied every jar of sprinkles we had! Considering the fact that I have two girly girls - that's a lot of sprinkles!

Bossy did grab the first taste. She told us it was "yucky" and that we didn't need to try it. She will make the supreme sacrifice and eat it all herself! Somehow I think she was trying to fool us.



From there it was dinner at Cici's pizza and opening a few gifts. She'll be celebrating again on Sunday so we get to do this all over again. Lucky me

Posted by DustBunniesCanWait at 7:39 AM
3 friends have spoken

3 Comments:

Girlpants was VERY impressed with Bossy's cake! She wants one now for her birthday.

Its just lovely, making and decorating your own cakes. I always do that for birthdays too, though mine are agreesively amateur. Homeade cakes taste better! and who can get a dragon cake at Walmart?

By Blogger Suzanne, at 8:59 AM  

LOL! I cheat a little with the cakes (cake mix and jared frosting) but even then they taste sooo much better :-)

Let me know if you you want to borrow the pan for the doll cake. I can bring to SNB with me. The special pan made it extremely simple.

By Blogger DustBunniesCanWait, at 10:50 AM  

That cake is so cute! I love making special cakes for my boys. The border is very "grown up" of her to pick it, I would be thinking the same thing with my boys(well except for the girly stuff LOL) Happy Birthday!!!

By Blogger MandyJ, at 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment



 
      Webset © Blogfrocks