<$BlogMetaData$>
 
About Me

more about me
Email me at DustbunniesCanWait at gmail dot com

Progress to my goal weight

Rings and Other Links

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

GoodSearch cause banner
Mommies Network and GoodSearch make a great team!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

RichmondKnitting group

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Blog Flux Directory

Home Equity
Home Equity Counter

Listed on BlogShares

My Swaps
I swap with Swap-bot!

WIPs
Nothing!
On Hold
Marshmallow Miss November 1997 Summer Berry Shell
FO's (YEAH!!!)
Kitty ball toy 1/2/07
Purple & fur #519 1/6/07
Kitty mouse 1/8/07
Time for Go-Go 1/17/07
Anklet Socks 1/17/07
blue & green # 583 1/17/07
Kitty toy #3 1/17/07
Victorian dress 1/17/07
Blue Halter dress 1/17/07
Knit Mini Dress & Jacket 1/19/07
Summer dress 1/19/07
Black #468 1/19/07
Awards
Image hosting by Photobucket
Credits
Pecentage Bars: Unlikey Words
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered by Blogger
 

Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Mother may I?
 
Somehow I don't think I'll need to ask mom, but I certainly like the idea of Sunday's Six Chix comic. DH jokes a lot about having a couple of alpaca's in the back yard

I've got back from NY and Gram's funeral on Monday night. It was a very unique experience for me, we didn't sit around crying and whatever. Nope, not from Grams! We ate great food and told stories about her life. When I go I want to have a funeral just like hers! BTW I was slightly off on my last post, her birthday was the 8th not the 7th. She didn't quite make it to 95, but 94 is still a long time to be around!

Now onto a section I call "Scenes from the trip!" I didn't have my camera with me for most of these, but I wanted to share anyway.

Scene One: Picture it ... we are stopped at one of our favorite restaurant on the way up there. This particular restaurant has several Amish farms close by and it is not unusual to see an Amish family eating there. OK? I happen to look over and see this Amish lady sitting with her friend and her friend is talking on a cellphone. At first I think to my self "How Rude!" but before I can even finish the thought, the friend hand the phone to the Amish lady and she starts talking on it... Huh? Is that even allowed? Even DH (Usually a fountain for trivial information) didn't know.

Scene Two: Our family has it's own person Y2K problem! I bet you weren't expecting to see that term ever again Grams bought her headstone when her husband died (back in 1966) and apparently never expected to live well into her 90's. She had her side inscribed with "1911 - 19". I just hope the person they get to fix it doesn't mess it up - I some really lousy work at the cemetery. The worst of the lot just decided to cross out the 19 and write in 2000. YUCK!

Scene Three: While we up there, the town where my Sis lives had a festival. The girls had a blast! Best of all for you ... I remembered to bring along my camera!

Here we all are on the way over to the park.


We played some games.


and DH was particularly thrilled with the whole thing!

Posted by DustBunniesCanWait at 8:52 AM
5 friends have spoken

5 Comments:

WHOA! favespouse looks like he is REALLY rumping for joy. Contain yourself, man!

I am going to try to make B&N tonight; I've had Tuesday night commitments for AGES but they should slow down now. Wednesday is for knitting too!

That has to be your sister by the duck game--you have the same hair!

By Blogger Suzanne, at 12:59 PM  

Yep, that's my sister and her hubby. I'm going to try make it tonight too, hopefully, keep your fingers crossed!

By Blogger DustBunniesCanWait, at 1:25 PM  

I wonder if the Amish woman was actually Mennonite? Some of their sects are less strict about the use of technology. My sister-in-law's sister was a Mennonite for many many years before she got tired of it and moved back home.

By Blogger Mary, at 10:15 PM  

I was going to vote Mennonite, too, although the Amish can use phones--but I think it's supposed to be kind of an emergency circumstances thing.

By Blogger Unknown, at 3:02 PM  

LOL I live in Amish country here in PA and I've seen them use cell phones, one was getting his cell plan when I was getting new phones. I felt the urge to ask "I thought ya'll weren't allowed!!" but held back. LOL

By Blogger MandyJ, at 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment



 
      Webset © Blogfrocks