<$BlogMetaData$>
 
About Me

more about me
Email me at DustbunniesCanWait at gmail dot com

Progress to my goal weight

Rings and Other Links

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

GoodSearch cause banner
Mommies Network and GoodSearch make a great team!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

RichmondKnitting group

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Blog Flux Directory

Home Equity
Home Equity Counter

Listed on BlogShares

My Swaps
I swap with Swap-bot!

WIPs
Nothing!
On Hold
Marshmallow Miss November 1997 Summer Berry Shell
FO's (YEAH!!!)
Kitty ball toy 1/2/07
Purple & fur #519 1/6/07
Kitty mouse 1/8/07
Time for Go-Go 1/17/07
Anklet Socks 1/17/07
blue & green # 583 1/17/07
Kitty toy #3 1/17/07
Victorian dress 1/17/07
Blue Halter dress 1/17/07
Knit Mini Dress & Jacket 1/19/07
Summer dress 1/19/07
Black #468 1/19/07
Awards
Image hosting by Photobucket
Credits
Pecentage Bars: Unlikey Words
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered by Blogger
 

Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Scenes from the Faire
 

The Virginia Renaissance Faire that is. We went there on Saturday and had a blast! The girls especially loved it. Bossy just couldn't get enough of the queen.

We were innocently watching a juggler when the queen's music came on. Bossy wanted nothing to do with the juggler anymore and insisted we go see the queen! (And insisted and insisted until we went. I felt sorry for the juggler)

Anyway, they were both presented to her Majesty Queen Elizabeth

and were given tokens for being such pretty princesses

They were both invited to entertain the Queen with a production of "The Three Little Pigs"


Click to watch my sad attempt at a video


From there they went to the poppets section where they learned a lot about life in Elizabethan times. I also saw (and petted) some really cute Alpacas from a local farm. DH saw some alpaca socks and fell in love. Unfortunately they only had some bulky weight yarn left there and I couldn't find any yarn on their web site. I'll have to get some, probably from Knitpicks. Have any of y'all knit alpaca socks? Anything I should know before I try?

Oh, and before you ask - The tartan that DH and I are wearing?

That's not my tartan (yes I am part Scottish). No, I'm one of the "lucky" ones that has a butt ugly tartan. The Scottish vendor at the Faire asked me what clan I was. When I told him, his only comment "Well I don't blame you then"

Editied 6/7/2006 - Sorry about that broken link. It should be fixed now.

Posted by DustBunniesCanWait at 3:19 PM
3 friends have spoken

3 Comments:

WOW! The fam, all dressed up. Girlpants was VERY impressed with the princess dresses. VERY.

By Blogger Suzanne, at 9:09 AM  

Hey, do you know this girl: http://www.leofwynne.typepad.com/ ? She's a Richmond knit-blogger that's also into Renaiisance Fairs. If y'all don't know each other, you should!

By Blogger Mary, at 11:42 PM  

I've actually been reading her blog since she joined my RM group :-)

By Blogger DustBunniesCanWait, at 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment



 
      Webset © Blogfrocks