<$BlogMetaData$>
 
About Me

more about me
Email me at DustbunniesCanWait at gmail dot com

Progress to my goal weight

Rings and Other Links

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

GoodSearch cause banner
Mommies Network and GoodSearch make a great team!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

RichmondKnitting group

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random

Blog Flux Directory

Home Equity
Home Equity Counter

Listed on BlogShares

My Swaps
I swap with Swap-bot!

WIPs
Nothing!
On Hold
Marshmallow Miss November 1997 Summer Berry Shell
FO's (YEAH!!!)
Kitty ball toy 1/2/07
Purple & fur #519 1/6/07
Kitty mouse 1/8/07
Time for Go-Go 1/17/07
Anklet Socks 1/17/07
blue & green # 583 1/17/07
Kitty toy #3 1/17/07
Victorian dress 1/17/07
Blue Halter dress 1/17/07
Knit Mini Dress & Jacket 1/19/07
Summer dress 1/19/07
Black #468 1/19/07
Awards
Image hosting by Photobucket
Credits
Pecentage Bars: Unlikey Words
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered by Blogger
 

Thursday, February 22, 2007
The dirty little details.
 
Since Vicky asked so nicely ... I thought I'd give y'all an update on the job hunt. Or as it's better known as "will the agony never end?"

I actually had a couple of interviews in January. One was an absolute no. "Gee, a local builder?" "Do they know my husband owns a construction firm?" "Oh, conflict of interest? Do tell "

Onto interview #2. A consulting gig went down the tubes because I "wasn't flexible enough". They did get me the gig I'm on now though ... so I'm good.

OK, onto interview #3. That one was me, I didn't want to do taxes that badly. It showed in the interview.

Let's see, we are onto #4. This was the one I had on my b-day. The headhunter claimed that I was just what they were looking for ... and they had an immediate need. She sent out my resume, they liked what they say, scheduled a second interview and then put the whole thing on hold after canceling. This was the amazing job. I'm still holding out hope that the headhunter can change their minds ... but it gets harder to do as time passes.

What are we on now? Number 5? Ahh yes, number 5. This was a promising one, set up through the consulting firm as a possible PT temp-perm position. Would have been good, but as soon as they heard that I can do systems work, they assumed that that's what I wanted to do (and therefore wouldn't be happy doing the books). I don't understand ... if I wanted to do systems work, I would have gotten a computer science degree ... not an accounting one! But, when a certain personality gets that idea in their head, nothing will shake it.

So here I am, on the 3rd week of my 2 week assignment. The company I work for it thrilled with me. Maybe that will mean something longer term? The head guy did say he would hire me for 13 a year. I don't think that would even cover the child care .

Posted by DustBunniesCanWait at 8:19 PM
3 friends have spoken

3 Comments:

I'm sorry to hear *hugs* something will eventually show up that will be perfect and give you more than you working for day care. :-)

By Blogger Amanda, at 6:16 AM  

You gotta make more than the child care!!!!! Much, much more.

Think of commuting cost, some clothes, all those bits of things, plus the HIGH value of your time. Make sure you are not selling yourself too cheaply!!!

By Blogger Suzanne, at 8:13 AM  

Hope things turn around or you soon!

By Blogger bunnyhead, at 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment


have linked back

Links to this post:

Create a Link


 
      Webset © Blogfrocks