Darn! I forgot to post anything Friday. And then I forgot to publish this yesterday. Darn! Darn! Darn! I was so close too. Only one week more and I would have made it. Oh well, it did make me want to write in my blog again ... which is the real reason I took up the challenge.
I was busy though. I'm in the process of turning all of those leftover tie ends into headbands. It is really really easy to do since half the work has already been done.
Here are the steps I did:
1. Snip off the small point on the remaining
2. Cut off the other end just before it starts to flair out again. Cut the longer piece in half. You should
now have 3 pieces:
3. Se aside the flared
piece. I'm not sure how I'll be using that. Look at the remaining 2 pieces, one should have a seam or 2 in it. Remove the interfacing from this piece and sew into a tube. Turn right side out.
4. Thread some elastic through the tube. 1/2 - 3/4 works best but I used 1/4 on a couple of them and they worked just fine.
5. (This is the easy to do, but tricky to explain part) Push the Tube down so that you have an elastic tail poking
out. Stuff this tail into interfaced portion and
sew into place. It should
look like this
Now, tuck in the cut ends of the tube and slide it up over the unfinished ends of the interfaced section. Sew into place.
6. Wrap the Headband around your head and mark the elastic
for a good fit. Cut it a little long (1/4 inch is good). Repeat step 5, making sure the cut end of the interfaced tube lines up with your mark on the elastic
Posted by DustBunniesCanWait at 7:06 AM
0 friends have spoken
Post a Comment
Links to this post: