I actually finished 3 skirts for Princess this weekend. But in typical lazy mode ... I didn't take pictures of them. But, that may be a good thing because now I have fodder for my Blog! I'm almost there, at the end of the challenge.
So without further ado, here is skirt #1.
Princess is sporting the latest in tween style. I didn't think that the shirt and skirt went all that well together ... but I'm just a mom, what do I know
Did you notice the matching headband? I'm quite proud of those and they took hardly any effort to make. I guess this is the part where I thank my mom for giving me the idea. Apparently as a "child of the sixties" she made a lot of these with ribbon and elastic. I made the green one with that idea ... substituting a fabric tube for the ribbon.
It came out nice but was missing something. So I looked online and figured out what it was ... and got this fantastic tutorial
to show me exactly how to do it.
I cheated slightly and used the serger. Turning a tube is so much easier with on of those. Just serge a long chain. Wrap the fabric around it and serge the seam. Pull on the chain, and viola!
Posted by DustBunniesCanWait at 7:43 PM
0 friends have spoken
Post a Comment
Links to this post: